The bylaws of the Larimer County Republican Women were last revised on January 8, 2008. The bylaw committee consisted of Sue Rehg and Carolyn Schultz.
Article I: Name
- The name of this organization shall be the Larimer County Republican Women, aka LCRW.
Article II: Objectives
- To foster and encourage loyalty to the Republican Party and to the principles for which it stands.
- To promote an informed electorate through political education.
- To increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government through political participation.
- To encourage participation in the CFRW, NFRW adn the Republican Party organization.
Article III: Policies
- To be affilicated with the Colorado Federation of Republican Women (CFRW), the National Federation of Republican Women (NFRW) and to conform to the provisions of the Constitution and Bylaws of these organizations.
- To exert every effort to carry out the purposes of the Republican Party as set forth in the platforms adopted by the State and National Republican Conventions and as an organization shall endorse only these policies set forth and endorsed by the Republican Party.
- To refrain from promoting a particular candidate in a primary election contest. This stipulation applies to the organization as a whole and not to the individual member unless individual members hold a position on the CFRW Board of Directors or the Larimer County Republican Executive Board.
- To refrain from any activity that would be detrimental to the public image of the Republican Party, and Republican Candidate or Republican Official.
Article IV: Membership
- Any women interested in the purposes, principles and activities of the Republican Party who resides in Larimer County and is a registered Republican shall be eligible for membership.
- LCRW shall have a minimum of ten members.
- Members are eligible to vote after ninety days as active members in good standing.
- Active members may hold office, vote and serve as a delegate to CFRW and/or NFRW Conventions.
- Associate members shall be affiliates of the local organization only and shall not be counted in the membership reported to the CFRW and NFRW. Associate members are women who maintain full membership in other county Republican Women organizations. Men are also welcomed as Associate Members. Associate members shall have the privileges of active members except holding office, voting or serving as delegates.
Article V: Dues
- Active member’s dues shall be $25.00 per year. Dues are disbursed as follows: $5.00 to CFRW; $8.00 to NFRW; $12.00 to LCRW. Any member joining LCRW after September 30th shall pay dues of $10.00. Yearly dues are due at the January meeting each year and are for that calendar year.
- Dues paid at any time during a calendar year shall apply to that year only and no part shall apply to the next calendar year.
- All associate members’ dues shall be $10.00.
Article VI: Audit
- An auditor shall be appointed by the President at the end of any Treasurer’s term whether through regular election of new officers or because of resignation from that office and the audit report shall be given at the next following regular meeting.
Article VII: Officers
- The elected officers of this organization shall be President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
- The offices of President, Treasurer and Secretary shall be elected in even numbered years and the offices of First and Second Vice Presidents shall be elected in odd numbered years. Elections shall be conducted at the November meeting of each year unless otherwise agreed to by the membership.
- No member shall hold the same office more than two consecutive terms.
- Vacancies in an office shall be filled by election by the membership at the meeting following the announcement of such vacancy. The Executive Board may recommend a nominee.
- A nominee for any office must be an active member in good standing in the calendar year and a member for ninety days prior to nomination for elected office in which such member is nominated.
- At least thirty days prior to an election, a nominating committee of at least three active members shall be elected by the membership.
- Officers shall be elected by majority vote using a secret ballot unless there is only one nominee for the office. In that case election shall be by voice vote. A majority of all votes cast shall constitute an election.
- The Duties of the officers shall be:
- President: Shall preside at all meetings of the organization. She may preside at Executive Board Meetings or may designate another officer to preside. She shall appoint all committees. She shall be an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee. She shall call special meetings of the Executive Board when deemed necessary or advisable.
- First Vice President: Shall perform the duties of the President in her absence and such other duties as assigned to by the President. She shall have charge of the programs.
- Second Vice President: Shall perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President and the First Vice President and such other duties as may be assigned to her by the President. She shall have charge of membership.
- Secretary: Shall keep accurate minutes of all meetings of the organization, including Executive Board Meetings when deemed advisable. She shall be responsible for correspondence under direction of the LCRW Board.
- Treasurer: Shall be custodian of all moneys of the organization and shall deposit them in a bank approved by the Executive Board. She shall pay out such amounts as authorized. She shall keep a complete membership record. She shall forward to the Treasurer of the CFRW that portion of dues assessed by the CFRW and NFRW on a monthly basis. She shall submit mandatory quarterly expense/income reports to the CRFW Treasurer.
Article VIII: Executive Board
- The current officers and the immediate Past President shall constitute the Executive Board. The Board shall have general supervision over the conduct of the organization. The Board shall have authority between meetings to transact business of the organization.
- A quorum shall be a majority of the Executive Board and shall meet all requirements imposed by the CFRW and NFRW.
- The Executive Board meetings are open to any general member.
Article IX: Delegates
- All delegates and alternates to the CFRW or NFRW Conventions shall be active members in good standing in the calendar year in which such member is nominated. Exceptions shall be voted on by the membership.
- All delegates and alternates to any convention shall be elected by the membership.
- Payment for registration fees to CFRW conventions and Board of Directors meetings shall be paid by the LCRW for the club President or for her representative.
- The Executive Board shall determine a reasonable reimbursement for the driver of each car attending official meetings of the CFRW or NFRW.
Article X: Meetings
- The Executive Board shall set the regular meetings of the organization. There shall be no less than ten monthly meetings or activities per year, of which no less than six shall be a business meeting. The Executive Board may call special meetings.
- Members present shall constitute a quorum.
Article XI: Parliamentary Authority
- Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised, shall apply to all questions of procedure, except where they conflict with these bylaws.
Article XII: Amendments
- These bylaws may be amended at any meeting by a two-thirds vote of members present, providing that such amendments have been proposed and read at the immediate preceding meeting.
Article XIII: Dissolution
- In the event of the dissolution of LCRW, all assets shall be assigned to the Larimer County Republican Party. None of said assets should revert to any member of the LCRW.